10/4/87 to 5/23/89 Gateway Rehabilitation Center
Worked with individual patients in the detoxification unit in an effort to prevent self
- initiated discharge AMA (Against Medical Advice)
- Counseled patients’ family members and collected bio-psychosocial information
- Transported patients to off-site 12 step meetings
5/23/89 to 1/10/98 Gateway Rehabilitation Center
Responsible for direct patient care and individual counseling
- Facilitated various educational and inter-active groups
A one year, on the job, clinical educational program. Duties included assessments, insurance precertification, treatment planning, charting, utilization review facilitating therapy group, family group, psycho-educational lectures, individual counseling, aftercare planning, employer back to work sessions and individual specialty counseling with sexually abused males, narcotics addicts and professional employees.
Same duties as above with a shared case load.
– Performed family and corporate interventions.
Professional Outreach Specialist
Advised Private Physicians, Therapists, Counselors, Psychologists and Psychiatrists in regard to their addicted clients. Assessed and placed clients. Represented union patients while facilitating back to work meetings
Sales representative for the Employee Assistance Program
Educated employers, supervisors, union officials, and employees about drug addiction on the job, early warning signs of substance abuse, handling troubled employees, facilitating treatment and drug testing.
- Member of the original planning team that developed the Allegheny County Drug Court Program
- Taught required addiction classes for Masters Level Nursing Program at Carlow College, Social Work Program at California University and Slippery Rock University, 2nd and 4th year Medical Students at the University of Pittsburgh and the Pharmacy School at Duquesne University.
- I provided educational training in addiction and treatment for Emergency Room Professional staff, Psychiatric Staff and Social Work Departments at Shadyside Hospital, The Washington Hospital, Mercy Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, Westmoreland Hospital, Braddock Hospital, The Beaver County Medical Center, Aliquippa Hospital, Canonsburg Hospital, St. Clair Hospital, Western Psychiatric and many more.
- Keynote Speaker and addiction trainer multiple years for the Pennsylvania State Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Keynote Speaker and addictions trainer for American Airlines national EAP Convention in Pittsburgh
- Addictions trainer for National Association of Human Resources Convention
- Addictions trainer for Pennsylvania Adult Probation Conference and Pennsylvania Youth Probation Conference
1/17/98 to 12/10/04 Greenbriar Treatment Center
Director of Community Services – Directed marketing staff
Performed all of the same duties as shown above at Gateway
2/15/04 to 2/15/05 The Wright Choice
Founder, Owner and Operator – recovery/treatment house in the U S Virgin Islands for newly clean addicts/alcoholics.
1/1/05 to Present TEG, LLC
Founder and owner – Consultation, Intervention and Placement services for drug addicts, alcoholics and their families
- Providing MAP services including assessments for multiple unions
- Write and structure Union Peer Referral Systems
- Write and Consult on Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Form and facilitate union specific recovering support groups
- Frequent guest WDVE discussing addiction related topics
TEG, LLC Current Consulting Contracts
Western Pa Sober Houses
Help many of the sober houses currently operating write their programs, lease agreements, rules and regulations, and standard operating procedures.
Steamfitters’ Local #449 And Boilermakers Local #152
Provide services on an “as needed” basis with regard to drug and alcohol issues facing membership and their families.
TEG wrote the first program for the only methadone to Suboxone to drug free program operating in Pennsylvania.
- Initiated and monitors Suboxone outpatient groups.
- Advise on personnel decisions and continued education
- Acquire and maintain multiple Insurance contracts
Multiple trainings over the past 25 years that were used to attain the CIP credential through the Pennsylvania Certification Board. CIP Certificate #I0106